- Start a text editor (you can use any text editor, such as NotePad)
- Save the file with the name mytemp.htm
- Create an HTML container by typing <HTML>
- Press [return] twice and type </HTML>
- Create a HEAD container inside the HTML container by clicking between the HTML start and stop tags that you just typed
- Type <HEAD>, press [return] twice and then type </HEAD>
- Create a TITLE container by clicking between the Head start and stop tags and typing <TITLE>
- Press [spacebar] and type </TITLE>
- Create a BODY container by clicking after the Head stop tag, press [return] twice and type <BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
The BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF" tag will result in a Web page with a background color of white.
- Close the <BODY> tag by clicking just above the HTML end tag and typing </BODY>
Your template should look like this:
- Save your work.
And just like that... you've created a perfectly good Web page. All you need now is content and HTML tags for the content.
Want to learn more about HTML? Attend our HTML Basics class. Click here for more information.