A good project template will contain, at the very least:
- An introduction slide
- A conclusion slide
- A customized skin
- Document Info
- Variables, widgets and actions as appropriate
- Project Start and End settings
- Open an existing project and choose File > Save As (or create a project template from scratch by choosing File > New > Project and selecting Project Template from the Create tab).
- Choose Adobe Captivate Templates (*.cptl) from the Save as type drop-down menu.
- Give the template a name and click the Save button.
Notice that the project name that appears in the title bar now includes the CPTL extension of a project template.
To use a project template...
- From the Create Project area on Captivate's Welcome screen, click From Template.
The Open dialog box will appear.
- Open your template.
The new project that is created will be untitled, even though you opened the template. Notice also that the project's name contains a CP extension, indicating that it is a Captivate project, not a template.
Other than the file name extension, your new project is identical to the template you created in every way and it has all of the settings of the template.
- Choose Insert > Recording Slide.
The Record additional slides dialog box will appear. Select the options in this dialog box to suit your needs and then click OK.
The red recording area will appear with the control panel. At this point, you will record your lesson using the capture method and settings as appropriate.