Both Jennie Ruby and I have been teaching Adobe Captivate onsite and online for years (you can see our huge Captivate course lineup on the IconLogic website). During class, there are a few issues that routinely occur. Have any of these happened to you?
- You can’t see the red recording area/can’t make it snap to your application.
- When you record in Training and Assessment mode, you get no interactivity and no captions.
- When you try to record, you get an error saying something about high-density monitors.
- You're on a Mac and you're having trouble recording. (You get an error message, get no captions when you record, etc.)
- Your application menus open outside of the area of your application, and therefore don’t get recorded.
You'll be happy to know that Jennie put together a troubleshooting guide that you can use to work through any or all of the issues mentioned above. You can download the guide for free from IconLogic's eLearning Resources page.