I was mentoring a client on Adobe Captivate for the Mac. She received the following theme files error message when starting Captivate 2019.
According to Adobe support, here is the fix:
- Close Captivate and all other Adobe applications.
- Choose Go > Applications.
- Open the Adobe Captivate 2019 folder.
- Open Gallery > Layouts > 11_8 > En_US.
- Copy the available Themes under the En_Us folder.
- Choose Go > Documents.
- Open Adobe Captivate Project folders > Layouts > 11_8 > En_US.
- Paste the copied themes in the En_US folder.
- Start Adobe Captivate again and the error message should be resolved.
Note that if you are using more recent versions of the Mac OS, you'll need to ensure that your version of Captivate is up to date. Here's a link to the most recent build on my Dropbox.