Earlier this month, Articulate released an update to Storyline 360 (build 3.74.30180.0) that allows you to include background audio in your published eLearning project.
To add background audio to a Storyline project:
- Ensure you have the latest update. (To get the latest Storyline update, start Articulate 360. If there's an update available for any of the tools that make up the Articulate 360 suite, you'll be alerted via a drop-down menu to the right of the application name.)
- Open a Storyline project and open a slide.
- Go to the Insert tab on the Storyline ribbon and click the Audio drop-down arrow.
- Hover over Background Audio and choose Create Playlist to open the Background Playlist window.
- Click the Add Audio icon (the plus sign) and select Audio from File or Media Library to upload your audio. (Note: You can import the following audio formats into Storyline: AAC, AIF, AIFF, M4A, MP3, OGG, WAV, and WMA.)
If you need to remove audio from the playlist, select the audio from the list of tracks and click the Delete button (the trash icon).
Looking for Storyline training, development support, or mentoring? We've got you covered with vILT classes and one-on-one support.