One of the most common questions we hear during our live, online eLearning classes is, "How long does it typically take to create eLearning using Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, or TechSmith Camtasia?"
The answer depends upon several factors:
- what is the total playtime for the course (in minutes)?
- how much voiceover audio will there be (in minutes)?
- what is your comfort level using the development tool?
- how much access do you have to media such as images and videos?
- how much interactivity will you have in the training?
- how much help do you have?
- is the training teaching a life skill, a software simulation, or a video demo?
We've created a calculator to help you estimate the effort necessary to develop eLearning content.