- Insert a text button (via Insert > Button)
- Select Text button as the button type
- Type the text you would like to be read by a screen reader into the Button text area
- Click Apply (don't click OK, leave the dialog box open)
- Select Image button from the Type drop-down menu and select your image button
- Click OK
There will be no obvious changes to your presentation. However, the text you typed into the text area will be read aloud by a screen reader, even though you switched to an image button.
Do you have a Captivate production problem that's making you pull your hair out? Email your problem and let others learn solutions from your experience.